On March 11, we hosted NCI Education Day at the 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel in Clayton, and more than 60 clinicians from across the region attended!
We are very grateful to these doctors, nurses, care managers and other local health care professionals for dedicating their Saturday to learn about and discuss ideas for improving care in the north country.
Local speakers included: Dr. Vojtech Slezka, who spoke about cardiovascular disease; Dr. David Antecol, who gave an overview of hypertension guidelines, and Dr. Steve Fogelman and Dr. Mike Woznicki, who together shared “Psychiatric Pearls” for primary care providers.
Dr. Raymond Fabius, a national thought leader and co-founder of HealthNEXT, finished off the day with a comprehensive overview of population health.
NCI Education Day Resources:
- “Lipid Management” – Dr. Vojtech Slezka [Powerpoint]
- “Hypertension Guidelines” – Dr. David Antecol [Powerpoint]
- “Psychiatric Pearls for PCPs” – Dr. Steven Fogelman & Dr. Mike Woznicki [Powerpoint]
- “Population Health” – Dr. Raymond Fabius [Powerpoint]
- JNC8 Hypertension Guideline Algorithm [PDF]
- Summary of Statin Initiation Recommendations to Reduce ASCVD Risk [PDF]